- Great for lanterns, sewing machines & fishing reels
- Our slotted bits have straight parallel sides (not tapered like most screwdrivers) for maximum surface contact with the screws
- Each slotted kit now comes with a free spinner to use on small, delicate screws
- Read Mr. Chapman's Tool Tips and Handy Firearm Info
- We've received many questions about small firearm screws treated with Loctite. Green Loctite threadlocker is supposed to be used on screws smaller than 1/2" not the commonly used red threadlocker. More info here
- The pink set includes a two tone black and silver ratchet, plus a handle with dark pink script.
- Made, hand assembled & inspected in Durham, CT from USA materials.
9600 Starter Slotted Screwdriver Set | Chapman MFG
Chapman Precision Screwdriver Bits
• Precision milled to tight tolerances with flat edges, sharp corners & no burrs for snug screw fit
• Machined from USA steel & heat treated with a black oxide rust inhibitor finish
• Bits are engineered to bend/break BEFORE damaging the screw they fit
• Each bit has ear/or ring stops with ball detent to hold the bit securely in our tools
• Bits have knurled ends for finger tightening & are stamped with the part #
• Non-magnetic for use on electronics & PC boards
Shipping & Guarantee
Tools can be returned/exchanged in new condition within 45 days of receipt of shipment.
• Refunds are issued once the tools arrive to us.
• Shipping & handling charges are non-refundable.
• Contact us for a return authorization #
Domestic orders shipped next business day via USPS.
• International orders ship in 3 business days
• UPS, FedEx, DHL available, please contact us
Tools are guaranteed to be as represented & free of defects caused by defective materials/faulty workmanship.
• To keep open stock part prices reasonable, we can not offer replacement of worn tools that wear out/break
• Tool replacement requires that faulty parts are returned with proof of purchase within 3 years
• Guarantee doesn't cover products that are improperly used/abused/altered
Slotted Kits Video
#9600 Sewing Machine Info
Sewing Machine Screwdriver Set: The Chapman #9600 set is the standard of sewing machine repair people and restorers worldwide. Rated by many as the best sewing machine screwdriver bit set on the market, you will find a wide variety of slotted bit sizes you need for your antique or industrial sewing machine.
Our 12 sizes of slotted bits (aka flathead) are straight sided hollow ground bits designed to precisely fit slotted screws. Chapman bits are designed to minimize screw damage and break BEFORE damaging or marring a screw- more information below. Our mini ratchet is perfect for taking off needleplates and feed dogs. This set also has 7 open slots for customization. We recommend taking a look at our Star (fits Torx screws) bits, as many machines now come with Torx screws.
Our hollow ground slotted bits fit screws on the following machines: Brother, Signer, Husqvana, Viking, Janome, Elna, Pfaff, & Bernina.
More Sewing Machine Info
Chapman Bits Vs. Other bits
Chapman Slotted Bits
1. Each Chapman bit is designed for use within a specific torque range. Small bits are designed for less torque, large bits are designed for more torque. Chapman tools and bits are specifically engineered for hand use.
2. Chapman bits are tough and springy, not brittle.We use fine alloy steel heat treated with a black oxide finish. Each bit reaches its specified hardness that is not too hard to shatter or too soft to twist.
3. Our smaller bits, .05", 1/16" 1.5mm, 2.5mm & slotted CM-88, 89, 90, etc. are designed to prevent damage in applications where the screw is more valuable than the bit. When excess torque is applied, our bits are designed to break before marring an irreplaceable screw. If a screw is seated so tightly that the bit starts to bend, stop immediately, additional force will break the bit, mar the piece or rip off the screw head.
4. Our famous Chapman Midget Ratchet provides approximately 4 times the leverage of a large screw driver. The ratchet provides more torque than small screws are designed for, so use gentle but even pressure to loosen small screws. A small size bit can be twisted if sufficient force is applied. Use the knurled ends of our bits or the spinner top to apply finger pressure.
I bought these to work on my very old sewing machine after nearly stripping a couple of screws with a household screw driver. Now I use them for every bit of tinkering that I do. I'm in love with the quality of my Chapman set, the fact that they are made in USA, the sturdiness of the case, and the fact that there's a bit that fits every single screw on my machine almost perfectly. The customer service and shipping times were also great. I will definitely be a lifetime customer. - C. H.
Worth the price, this set is so valuable for repairing antique sewing machines - screws are often hard to replace and frozen, these heads are precise and the 3 driver choices are essential for tight spaces. Now I can back out tough screws safely without fear of damage. - M. Krueger
This great kit makes working on sewing machines so much easier. Like the versatile choice of handles. Makes it easier to get at those hard to get at areas. - Jane B.
I LOVE it! Bought it to work on sewing machines. No more stripped screws, love the leverage I get. Would highly recommend it to anybody that needs precision and a good fit. I plan to order more bits. I appreciate American made also. Thank you, good job! - Holly N.
Quality set that I'm using to service my vintage sewing machines. Hollow ground bits mean no stripped screws. Love the ratchet handle and the little finger turning wheel... - Chris
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh